The Inter Factor Agreement is a standard form of agreement for use between Members wishing to use the services of another member whether as an Import or Export Factor. This document is not mandatory, but it is strongly recommended that it is used by all members.
The benefits of using this document are:
- Each member will be aware of the identity of its correspondents
- The parties specifically acknowledge they are bound by the standard package of the IFG documents explained above
- Any specific deviations from the standard documents should be specified in clause 6
- It acknowledges that there is no exclusivity. Members are free to use more than one correspondent in any particular country.
- Termination is upon 90 days written notice but this cannot affect existing transaction
Deviations agreed after signature should be recorded in an exchange of letters.
Implemented as per October 2004, the Inter Factor Agreement is not mandatory but advised by the IF-Group. For further explanations, please refer to the introduction letter hereunder.
You need to have an Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of these documents. If you do not have the Adobe AcrobatReaderyet,click ontheAcrobat icon and follow the instructions to download and install the software.